download this image   
       Alive in CNY  
             

2006/06/12

The people in this town

You meet the most amazing people here. Really. You might be able to tell that from the time stamp.

I dragged out RBR tonight. She's a PhD student, and has been working endlessly. I dragged her out on promise of reading a chapter she's been preparing, and of course, I will read it. But see, the real reason I dragged her out is, she's just amazing.

She's spent six years here, and she's never been to a SkyChiefs game. So we watched them pound on Columbus 10-3. Then, we went to Change of Pace for wings and fries, and then to Cerio's, where she promptly trounced me in two games of darts. And then we came back to the house for scotch and singing. And now it's past 1:30 a.m., and in six hours, I'll have already been working for a while.

And speaking of amzing people, you'll note that there are two new authors to this blog. Amy Lawson-Cassady is ABD in philosophy, works at a book store, and is perhaps the only person who has ever made me feel uncomfortable from an intellectual standpoint (through no fault of her own, as she happens to be a fantastic human being who is overly humble), and Angela Newman, who is that amazing combination of brilliant, observant and funny that always keeps me on my toes. I'm looking forward to having them on board. You should, too.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?