download this image   
       Alive in CNY  
             

2006/07/04

Fireworks at the Inner Harbor

Alive in CNY contributer Angela and I went down to the Inner Harbor for fireworks on Friday (along with Angela's sister). A few thousand people turned out, and I was left wanting for this place to be developed. In a hurry.

NYCO's safety concerns are things that could be addressed pretty easily, I think, so long as someone takes the time to notice them, which any private developer likely would.

The other complaints people had would be solved as part of development: The show was fantastic, and sitting across the harbor from the launch site had us sitting in falling ash, which I actually enjoy when I'm seeing fireworks.
Comments:
Well, we drove down...tried to get close and ended up (along with a lot of other people) setting at Carousel Mall watching the fireworks from afar. Yes, a good show. But getting out of the Mall parking lot was insane. If there are serious plans to expand the mall, I would think someone would already be looking at how to get cars in and out quickly.

I'm not sure that holding the fireworks at the Inner Harbor proved that it is a great place. I think it proved that it is a "place" that needs work.
 
No, holding fireworks at the Inner Harbor didn't prove it's a great place – I already believe it is – what it proved was that people will come out to the Inner Harbor, and I really think that one of the things that's holding up its development is the fact that no one seems certain people will come.

But the fireworks and the block parties have surely shown that people will come.

As for the parking, I'm sure that will be part of any major development plan.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?